Social Welfare Office
The Social Welfare Office belongs to the Directorate of Students Care and was created in the framework of the action “Support of social welfare interventions for students of the University of Patras”.
It supports the students of the University and especially the students who come from vulnerable social groups. It operates daily from 8.00 to 15.00 and aims to provide equal opportunities throughout the course of study.
The services of the Social Welfare Office are addressed to the students of the University of Patras and always guided by the principles of social justice and human rights. Our goal is to record, address the needs of the vulnerable groups, solve problems and strengthen them.
Student’s social background is obtained through an individual interview and an individual action plan with the ultimate goal of improving their quality of life throughout their academic career and their inclusion in the University community.
The final goal is the educational and social integration of students in the University Community and the subsequent integration into society and the labor market.
Our motto is : “EQUAL EDUCATION – ACCESSIBILITY FOR EVERYONE”
The Social Welfare Office provides:
- Development of proposals and interventions to cover the learning processes</li>
- Personalized action plan
- Psychosocial Support
- Advisory support
- Psychological support
- Medical Support and Physiotherapy
- Academic and Vocational Guidance
- Training seminars on approach & support of Vulnerable Social Groups issues
- Information on the facilities of the University of Patras
- Financial Aid Scholarships
- Connection with services of the University of Patras and with the wider Community
- Referral of students, where deemed necessary
- Transportation of students with disabilities to and from the University Community
*All services are provided free of charge, are confidential and fully confidential in compliance with applicable laws (GDPR)
Social Welfare Office Staff
- Panoriou Christina, Administrative Officer
- Tsokana Nikolia, Social Worker
- Fertaki Antonia, Social Worker
- Xintara Marina, Social Worker